- CHECK IN15：00～21：00
- CHECK OUT～10：00
Q & A
- What is the important notice when we stay at Guest House Pongyi ?
Guesthouse is an accommodation where people share the bed rooms (dormitories), Shower rooms, toilets, kitchen etc. We would like you to make yourself at home. However, please keep good manners in the guesthouse (eg. Refraining from talking loudly or using an alarm in the dormitories) with other guests in mind.
- What time is the check-in and check-out time ?
Our check-in time is from 15:00 to 21:00. However, if you cannot come by 21:00, we can wait for you until 22:00 with previous notice. We are closed from 12:00(noon) to 15:00. There is nobody in the guesthouse during our closing time.
* The guests who sleep more than two nights can stay in the guesthouse during this time.
- Do you serve meals at your guesthouse ?
No. We don’t serve meals.
However, there is a 24hour café and Seven-Eleven (convenience store) near our guesthouse.
- Can I leave our luggage before check-in or after check-out ?
We are happy to receive your luggage before check-in. In that case, please come between 8:00 and 12:00 (noon).
* We cannot receive or hand over your luggage during our closing time (12:00 -15:00.) We can keep your luggage until 21:00 after check-out. When you send your luggage to our guesthouse beforehand, please send it as specified on the day before or on the same day of your reservation date.
* Please let us know in advance if you send your luggage to our guesthouse.
- Do you have a curfew?
No, we don’t have any curfew. The main entrance is closed at 22:00, however, you can use the backdoor from 22:00 to 8:00 next day. (We will tell you the password of the backdoor when you check in,)
* Please quietly go in and go out at night so as not to disturb other guests.
- What amenities do you have ?
We don’t have amenity like a hotel, however, shampoo, conditioner and body soap are in the shower room. In the Female Dormitory, there are a bottle of make-up remover, some cosmetic cotton pads and some cotton buds.
- Do you have a rental towel service?
Yes. A bath towel is 100 yen, a hand towel is 50 yen.
- What kind of facilities do you have?
→ Please check our facilities below.
We have two shower rooms. One is only for women (until 23:00) and the other is for men and women (24 hours).
* The bathtub is not available. For those who wish, we will give you a discount voucher (600yen) of a large public bath of a hotel near Pongyi (8 min. on foot).
The usage fee of the washing machine is 100 yen (one time). (Soap is 50 yen.) We don’t have a drying machine. (Please use a stand hanger or a washing rope outside the second floor window.)
* The nearest coin laundry is about 7 minutes’ walk from our guesthouse. (Open: 6:00-23:00)
You can use a desktop computer in the common room for free.
You can use a hair dryer for free. (until 23;00)
Refriegerator, microwave, toaster and kitchen can be used freely.
There are also some dishes, cups, chopsticks, spoons, forks and knives. In the kitchen, there are some ordinary pots, frying pans, knives and so on.
- Do the rooms have a shower room and a toilet ?
No. There is a shower room and a toilet for women only in the Female Dormitory.
* All women guests can use them. Other rooms (Mixed Dormitory and the Japanese Style Room) don’t have its own shower room or a toilet. Please use the shared shower room and a toilet.
- Can I use the internet ?
Yes. Hi-speed internet is available free of charge throughout our guesthouse.
- Do you have any lockers for valuables?
Yes, we have some free lockers for small articles like wallets and keys.
- Is your house barrier-free?
No, it is not barrier-free. Our house is a townhouse which was built about 140 years ago. There are many steps in every part of our house. The stairs to the Female Dormitory are very narrow and steep, so it seems that they are unsuitable for physically handicapped people (especially legs).
- Can I stay with children?
Yes. Please check the age below. Dormitories (shared room): 12 years old (first grade in junior high school) or older can stay Japanese Style Room (private): 6 years old (first grade in elementary school) or older can stay
- Do you accept credit cards?
No, we don’t accept credit cards. Please pay full amount in Yen cash when you check in.
- Do you have any parking lots?
No, we don’t have our own parking lots. We are happy to show you the coin parking near our guesthouse when you check in.
Coin-operated parking near Pongyi
We are happy to show a public parking lot near JR Kanazawa station for people come by motorcycle. In case of a bicycle, you can use a small space to park on the bridge in front of our guesthouse. (One bicycle only and there is no roof.)
- Can I rent a bicycle?
Yes. We have bicycle rental service. One bicycle is 400 yen. (8:00-20:00)
- Do you have any smoking area?
Our guesthouse is smoke-free inside the house. If you would like to smoke please use a small deck along the canal in front of our guesthouse. (You cannot go on deck on a rainy day.)
- Are there any convenience stores near Pongyi?
Yes. There is Seven–Eleven (24 hours) just in front of our guesthouse.
- Are there any good restaurants near Pongyi?
Yes. There are many around JR Kanazawa station (7 min. on foot from our guesthouse). You can eat at the Omicho market (Seafood and vegetable market, 13 min. on foot) as well.